Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Weekly Meal Plans

I've noticed that the times I've been the most successful in my cooking have been when I've made weekly meal plans for dinner. For me the hardest part is always wondering, "What should I make today?" And then I feel overwhelmed trying to come up with whole meals every single day. There have been times when I've done meal plans for three weeks at a time.

However, I'm not feeling like I make the same things over and over again. I'm having a hard time coming up with new ideas. I have tons of cookbooks, but I just don't have the money to go and buy all the silly little ingredients that each recipe calls for - the ingredients you will only use about once a year. And it's true, my mom really never taught me how to cook so I don't have a lot of recipes that I know and love.

So here's my request from all of you, I'd love to see a sample of about a week's worth of your dinners. Not recipes yet, just ideas of what you make. You know, something like this:

DINNERS:
Monday - Tacos with tossed salad
Tuesday - Chicken and white rice
Wednesday - Lasagne
Thursday - Crockpot dinner
Friday - Stew / Roast
Saturday - Homemade pizza
Sunday - Meatloaf and funeral potatoes

I'd even love if you did something like that for what you do for lunch, too. I usually don't like sandwiches. I don't know why. I know it sounds silly. They made me really sick during both pregnancies so now I avoid sandwiches like the plague. What are some other lunch ideas? Besides Spaghetti-Os and Ramen noodles ;0)

No comments: